You would have thought that a family which spends most of their days together would know all there is to know about family life… however after spending a week at the YWAM Family Camp, we discovered that there’s a whole more to being ‘family’ than we thought.
Highlights of the week included:
- Outstanding practical teaching and personal stories from families ‘who have been there’
- Understanding there’s no perfect environment, it’s more about shared vision and aims
- Learning about working more as a team together, listening to each other
- Encouraging our sons in their faith, not just to pray, but prophesy
- Getting closer to friends, and making a number of new ones
- Giant bubble making, water fights and cricket on the ‘Harpenden Oval’
- Evening times with other parents sharing (often funny) stories and adventures
Every day was busy, but worth it. The only drawback: a week of all six of us sleeping in one room! By the end of the week, we all needed another week to catch up.
A BIG Thank you YWAM – From All of Us!
So, a big thank you to the entire YWAM Harpenden team. You can find out more about the Summer Camp, DTS Training and other YWAM Events on the YWAM website.